Hello! Today, I’ll write about amazing and great organization called Operation Christmas Child. First, I’ll talk about Operation Christmas Child.
About Operation Christmas Child
I go to an awesome church. I just started going last April. I love this church. It is my favorite thing all week most times. I have about five close buddies there. Two in 4th grade like me, one in 3rd grade, and two in second grade. We do a project every year called Operation Christmas Child. This will be my first time doing it. Operation Christmas Child is an organization by Samaritan’s Purse. Operation Christmas Child is an organization where you pack a shoebox and put small gifts in it. I’ll give some gift ideas later. You pack a shoebox and send it to Samaritan’s Purse. Samaritan’s Purse sends it to the 130 countries with the most hurting children. At our church are goal is to pack 1,437 shoeboxes!!!!!
How to Pack a Shoebox
If you just got new shoes for school and you still have the shoebox keep it. Once you have the shoebox you can start packing it. You can decorate the shoebox too. Here are some things you can pack in the shoebox.
1. Pencils from birthday parties. Kids who get these packages love the pencils the best.
2. Small stuffed animals like Beanies Babies or Beanie Boos are great.
3. Markers and Crayons not used yet are awesome.
4. Headbands and other hair ornaments are great for the boxes as well.
5. Hard Candy is nice as well.
6. Maybe small notebooks you get from birthday parties.
7. Small tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes are also great ideas for the boxes.
8. Soap bars are also great
9. Combs and brushes are also awesome.
10. Maybe you can come up with your own ideas as well.
Here is a video of the children getting the shoeboxes.