Hi everyone! It’s, Mara here and today I have a country round – up. All the countries are from the last 30 days [a month or so.] I hope you enjoy!
United States – 498 Views
Australia – 63 Views
United Kingdom – 44 Views
China – 16 Views
Spain – 15 Views
India – 12 Views
France – 10 Views
Mexico – 6 Views
Singapore – 4 Views
Canada – 4 Views
Philippines – 3 Views
Malaysia – 2 Views
Indonesia – 1 View
Austria – 1 View
Italy – 1 View
Venezuela – 1 View
Well, that is my country round – up! I hope you enjoyed the post! Bye for now!
Hi everyone! It’s Mara here, and today my post is about some cool facts about Christopher Columbus. Why am I doing a post on Christopher Columbus all of sudden? Well, today in social studies we were studying Christopher Columbus. We were assigned 3 pages of questions and had to read pages 72 – 88 in our text books. It was hard and it took a long time but in the end I was glad we had been assigned this homework, because I had learned so much more about Christopher Columbus. Today, I’m going to share some of this interesting facts with you! I hope you enjoy them!
- Christopher Columbus was born in Genoa, Italy
- Christopher Columbus was inspired to become an explorer because of Marco Polo’s book.
- Christopher Columbus asked many kings and queens of Europe to fund his 1st trip to “China.”
- Christopher Columbus brought 17 ships and 1,200 men on his 2nd voyage to the new world.
- On Christopher’s 1st voyage to America he brought 3 ships The Nina, The Pinta, and The Santa Maria.
- Christopher faced a large meadow of slimy seaweed while in the Sargasso Sea on his 1st journey.
- Once Christopher reached “China” he realized it wasn’t China, and then he thought he had landed in the Indies [Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.]
- Christopher Columbus started an Agricultural Revolution.
- One of questions in our packet asked “Columbus never brought back gold and silver but he did bring back lots of vegetables. Some Europeans say that this was more important than any gold Columbus could have brought back. Why do you think they say that?” I responded in my answer, “well health is worth way more than gold. The stuff that the Europeans had been eating was probably quite unhealthy. After, they got the fresh and healthy vegetables, they would be healthier.
- Columbus believed South America was the Garden of Eden from The Bible.
- The enemy that attacked Columbus and his crew on Columbus 4th journey was worms. Yes, worms they ate through the bottom of Columbus’s boats, and they weren’t able to sail anymore
- I believe that the most important thing Columbus did was bringing back more healthy foods to Europe.
I gained lots of facts while doing this packet. I hope you learned a few things as well. Bye for now!
Hi everyone! It’s Mara here and today I have a very, very special post. I hope you enjoy it!
So, on Friday night I went to a concert with my family. At the concert we saw The Afters, Unspoken, Chris August, and Among the Thirsty. After Unspoken, one of the members talked to us about an organization called Compassion International. Compassion helps children in poverty in different countries around the world. Compassion takes pictures of the child then puts them on their website. There people, can choose to sponsor a child. Then you can send letters to the children whenever you like, you can even go visit them!
My family talked about it yesterday and today and then this afternoon we decided to sponsor a child. I got to choose as well. I choose a 7 year old girl named Eliane [Elle-e-on-a] who lives in Brazil. Eliane has 4 siblings, and she loves to run and play with dolls. I’m very excited to start sending letters to her!
This is the site address for Compassion, http://www.compassion.com. I hope you enjoyed my post today! Bye for now.