Hi everyone! Today I have a post about how to make a honey loaf cake. This recipe is originally from the Everyday Easy: Cakes & Cupcakes Cookbook. Enjoy!
1 cup butter, room temperature
⅔ cup light brown sugar (packed)
⅓ cup plus 1 tbsp honey, warmed until fluid
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 ¼ cups all – purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for the icing
⅔ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 – 2 tbsp hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ (180 ℃). Butter a 9 x 5in (23 x 13cm) loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- To make the cake, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until pale and creamy. Beat in the honey. One at a time, beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add a little flour if the mixture begins to curdle.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir into the butter mixture. Spread in the pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the loaf is browning too quickly, tent with foil. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert and unmold onto the rack, peel off the paper, and let cool.
- To make the icing, mix the confectioner’s sugar and honey, then stir in enough hot water to make a fluid icing. Drizzle the icing over the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
What I Did Different
- I had a lot of extra batter and didn’t have enough room in my pan so I made two extra muffins made from the batter with the extra batter.