Hi! It’s Mara here with a post about the program Compassion International. Enjoy the post!
My Personal Compassion Experience
My family and I sponsor a 9 year old girl from Brazil named Eliane and a 16 year old girl from Kenya named Doris. We have only received 3 letters (as of April 2017) from Kananu because they take a long time to send. For example, we recently got a letter from her that was originally sent in December of 2016. We receive letters from Eliane more quickly because she lives closer by. Nonetheless, it is always very exciting to receive a letter from your sponsored child.
About Compassion International
This is Compassion’s mission statement
It’s a mission about love. We love God, and we demonstrate our love and live out our faith by extending care to others.
We offer our programs to the poorest of the poor, to the children in greatest need, without ulterior motive. We devote ourselves to helping children of all faiths, cultures, backgrounds and race — without imposing any religious obligation or conversion requirement upon them.
We simply aspire to be like our Savior, Jesus Christ, in who we are and what we do.
Compassion’s mission statement is very inspiring and definitely wants to make you help out the great cause.
How to Help Compassion
Next I was list 6 ways you can help this amazing organization.
- You can donate money to the following categories Where Most Needed, Disaster Relief, Highly Vulnerable Children, Unsponsored Children, Water Treatment Projects, and Medical Assistance.
- You can fundraise money by doing activities such as bake sales, talent shows, lemonade stands, etc. Then later donate it to Compassion.
- You can volunteer at Compassion Partnered Events, at the Compassion Headquarters, and in a leadership role.
- Pray for unsponsored families and children or for family in dangerous areas.
- If you sponsor a child try to make sure to write them often, children love to receive your letters.
- If you sponsor a child you can visit them in there country.
I hope you will try one of these activities to support Compassion!
How To Sponsor A Child
Finally here are some steps on how to sponsor a Compassion child.
- You can search for a child with specific information.
Once you find a child that you like you can click on their picture to learn more about them.
- Once you click on their picture there is more information about them such as their hobbies, schooling, family duties, guardians, siblings, and family employment.
- If you decide to sponsor the child, you can click the select this child button.
- Each month you pay $38.0o to sponsor the child.
Thank you for reading today’s post! Bye! ~ Mara